About Me

My photo
My husband and kiddos mean everything to me, and I love teaching those sassy 8th graders! Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5&6

Monday, November 29, 2010

D.E.A.R. time!!

Drop Everything And Read! Those are our instructions every day at specific times. On November 5th, Crossett Middle School adopted the D.E.A.R program. Every day at a pre-appointed time, the following announcement is made over the intercom: "It's time to drop everything and read." Every day the teachers, students, custodians, principal, vice principals, counselors, resource staff, office workers...EVERYONE stops what they are doing and picks up a book for 20 minutes. I love it! The schedule is as follows: Monday 8:50 to 9:10, Tuesday 9:40 to 10:00, Wednesday 10:55 to 11:15, Thursday 12:50 to 1:10, and Friday 2:05 to 2:25. I love reading, and this is huge for our kids. The more the students read, the better their reading skills become. Great readers are usually great writers, so this is a combination for achievement and success! I am excited that our school makes reading a top priority. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment