About Me

My photo
My husband and kiddos mean everything to me, and I love teaching those sassy 8th graders! Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5&6

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Get Off The Fence About Verb Tense!

With W.6.8.6 ~verb conjugation~ looming before me a couple of weeks ago, my stomach was in knots. You see, all my life I have straddled the fence when it come to knowing my verb tenses. It's like I never really nailed it down. Well, with verb conjugation in my rear view mirror, I have one question for you...What would you like to know about verbs? Ha ha! I am officially off the proverbial fence! The SIMPLE truth is that everything is PERFECT when you remain PROGRESSIVE about verb tense; I am EMPHATIC about it! :) So, let's take a look at the words I just shouted at you in the last sentence: SIMPLE, PERFECT, PROGRESSIVE, and EMPHATIC...the verb tense families. Simple past, simple present, simple future, past perfect, present perfect, future perfect, past progressive, present progressive, future progressive, past emphatic, and present emphatic are securely in my bag of literacy tools. The most significant detail about that week of lessons...my students tested very well. I have decided there is hardly a sweeter sound in the world than a scantron sheet whisking silently through a scantron machine! I wanted to share this game with you; however, I was unable to upload the game into one of the available gadgets in this blog. If you would like to have a copy of this game (I also have one for Figurative Language and Sentence Structure) just email me at kim.mcfarland4@gmail.com. I would be glad to shoot a copy your way.

I'll take "Blog Project" for $500. Let's see... the answer is "AWESOME!!!!" To that I say, "What is ~How do you feel when you make your last blog entry? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment