About Me

My photo
My husband and kiddos mean everything to me, and I love teaching those sassy 8th graders! Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5&6

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Complex-Compound Throwdown"

Today was a Monday all day long, but when tomorrow rolls around, we are going to do some different activities. We are learning about sentence types this week; the lessons get really tedious when variety is not included. We are learning about complex-compound sentences tomorrow, and after I present my minilesson, we will play Jeopardy. Before we play Jeopardy, we will do a Gallery Walk as a quiz on sentence types, and we will fulfill our Active Learning requirement for MLED 5053. Jeopardy will definitely add a little spice to our sentence differentiation, so after we've played the game, the students should have a clearer understanding. Since we are studying compound-complex sentences tomorrow, I have chosen to write this entire blog using that sentence structure just for fun. Look back and check the sentences; you will find they all fit the format since I was bored with it too. Whenever I get to class tomorrow, I will let my students read this blog, and they will have seen even more examples of complex-compound sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment