About Me

My photo
My husband and kiddos mean everything to me, and I love teaching those sassy 8th graders! Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5&6

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Feels Like Home

Finally finished, I looked around the room and decided that I was pleased with what I saw. The blue and brown sheers I had hung in the back of the room had softened the starkness of the white cinder block walls. The double bookcases centerpieced between the curtains were full of books from every genre. The sheer blue scarf draped lazily around the window to the right of the classroom library offered a pop of color in the corner; the miniblind pulled all the way up as an invitation to the sun. In front of the curtains on each side of the bookshelves sat comfy chairs with pillows for readers to cozily transport themselves into untold adventures. Covering the walls were bright colors and encouraging quotes challenging my young charges to follow their dreams and believe in themselves. On the whiteboard to my left were objectives written in careful hand, promising to challenge young minds. I could hear the soft tunes of Third Day extolling the favors of the Lord. The cool vanilla-scented air in the room made me feel comfortable and welcomed, and I knew I was home. Then, the bell rang, and I welcomed my first class ever, into my first room ever, to share my first day ever - as a teacher. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment