About Me

My photo
My husband and kiddos mean everything to me, and I love teaching those sassy 8th graders! Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5&6

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Monday on a Tuesday

Wow! As long as the teacher is juggling, introducing, and overviewing, the students are entertained and their brains remain in neutral. Challenge them with tasks and terms like 'rough draft', 'revision', and 'third person limited omniscient' and they morph into a big herd of deer frozen in the bright glare of headlights. Those kids - I love them in spite of themselves and in spite of myself. Yesterday was tough. I learned the joys of picture day; how the students faces looked as though they had won the lottery when the first letter of their last names were called to go to the cafeteria. I remember. I was once an eighth grader. Picture day, fire drills, tornado drills: all mini lottery wins. Kids are so funny. Yesterday I laughed in one class and wrote a referral in the next. Another adventure... Monday on a Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment